Monday, October 26, 2009

The "creature" I made for dinner!

I'm still not very good about this blogging thing. I'm hoping that will change soon! But I decided today blogging would be a good distraction from the stress of job hunting!

A few weeks ago, I was making teriyaki chicken for dinner. The chicken was soaking in the simmering sauce and quickly become delicious. Apparently, this was happening faster than I expected! Ben had made Minute Rice and of course it was perfect. I was distracted by some school work that was almost finished. I spent the few extra minutes to finish my homework, only to find something "alive" in the kitchen!

I can only figure that I had cooked off all the water and the sauce part had just started to burn. Luckily I had Ben there to help me clean it up! He made certain to let me know that HIS part of dinner had turned out perfect! It made for an interesting night! I can definitely laugh at my cooking mishaps! I just want to thank my mom for getting us such high quality pans for our wedding! The pan survived and actually cleaned up pretty easily! Needless to say, we ate out for dinner that night!

Ben's Perfect Rice!

1 comment:

  1. LOL Sorry! It happends to the best of us. ;) At least you tried right? I love your blog it's super cute!

    ReplyDelete