It seems weird for me to say...I'm a registered nurse! I officially passed my licensing exam back in January. It was by far one of the worst experiences of my life. The test is set up so that MOST people only have to answer as many questions as it takes for the computer to be sure that they'll either pass or fail. That's usually only 75 questions. However, the "lucky" few, get all 265 questions...just because they're lucky?! Well, I was a "lucky" one. It took me 5 and a half hours and while sitting there I watch 5 of my classmates come and go. Being pregnant didn't help the situation. Luckily, the little cubicle they had me in, allowed me a little cry around question 183 and after that I was fine.
Ben is the best husband and took me to Olive Garden, where I got as much food as a pregnant woman could hope for! The next two days were torture, waiting for the results of my test to post. Finally they posted and I passed! I'm working on a surgical floor caring for post-op patients. It's definitely not my dream job but has given me some great experiences so far! I don't feel like a "real" nurse and I don't know the answer to most questions but I do love my job (Most days :) ) and I do love caring for people and I'm learning. Some day I'll feel like a "real" nurse.
No comments:
Post a Comment