Monday, March 4, 2013

5 Months!


Technically, Ian didn't have a 5 month birthday this month.  With no February 29th this year, Ian went from 4+ months to 5 months and 1 day old.  Ben doesn't think this is very interesting but I do!
 
 
Unofficial Stats

Weight: 17.5 lbs
 
Well, I was going to wait until 5 months to give Ian rice cereal but I just couldn't.  Every time I'd eat, he would follow the food to my mouth, grab my hand or plate.  So, its of little surprise that when he did try food, he loved it and did great!  We have since increased how much he eats, the consistency and will probably try veggies for the first time this week.  No wonder he gained about 2 lbs in a month!  Here is the video and some pictures from his first "real" meal!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sleeping through the night is still an elusive phenomenon.  It has happened once since we started sleep training with Ian.  It's amazing to us how different the boys are.  Luke would only cry for maybe 20 minutes and then he was asleep for the night.  Ian on the other hand, could probably cry for hours and not fall asleep.  (So far I've allowed him to cry for 1.5 hrs before I just couldn't take it anymore!)  Ian HAS to be swaddled tight in order to sleep, which is difficult with a big kid!  My postpartum experience is coming in very handy when it comes to swaddling him.  One night was particularly bad and he was escaping every swaddle by either Ben or I.  So in frustration, I got up and "went all mean Postpartum Nurse" on him and wrapped him really tight.  I got back to bed and worried that I'd wrapped him too tight because there were no sounds coming from his room.  I worry (A LOT) about something bad happening.  I have heard of too many incidences of SIDS that have hit too close to home.  I snuck back into his room and he was snoring away :) 
 
Long story short, we're still working on sleep training.
 
Ian's hair is starting to grow in!  Not as dark as when he was first born but not platinum blonde like Luke.  It's looking light brown.
 
Ian laughs and blows raspberries all the time!  Luke can get Ian to really belly laugh and I love it!  I can't describe how happy it makes me to see them love each other.  Ian and I made a quick trip to Utah this past weekend because my Uncle Bill passed away.  It was the first time Ian and Luke had been separated.  We did FaceTime a few times and Ian and Luke would light up "talking" to one another.  When Ben and Luke met us at the airport, Luke ran up to us and the first thing he said was, "Hi, Ian!  Hi, Ian!!!"  I think I'm now 2nd in line :)

 
I asked Luke to get Ian a toy.  I got distracted and Ian ended up buried in toys!



This is what happens when I take a quick bathroom break and Luke was "in charge." (Don't worry, Ian loved it!  In the picture, he's trying to eat it and he cried when I took it away!)



He loves bath time and he loves eating his feet!

Ian still hasn't rolled over.  The lil' stinker is so close!  But he's found other ways to move around.  I have a lot of pictures of him almost there but still, he hasn't done it.  (Luke has helped him plenty of times but he has yet to do it on his own.)  Pictured below is a Yoga move where he lifts his bum off the ground by pushing up on his feet.  Between this and rolling onto his side and pushing with his feet, Ian can move across the floor.  I've laid him down in one spot and come back to find him somewhere else!  Maybe next month!

This is Ian not rolling but lifting his bum off the ground in order to move around.



No comments:

Post a Comment