Luke's name has brought with it many "Star Wars" references including "Luke, I am your father." (which Ben claims never to have said), "Luke, I am your Grandfather." and "Luke, I am your Uncle." Ben doesn't like me telling this story but we did (in a way) get his name from Star Wars. We were throwing boy names back and forth and weren't liking any of each others choices. We kind of gave up and started throwing silly names back and forth, and eventually I said "Obi-Wan-Kenobi" Ben said "Han Solo" and I said "Luke Skywalker!" We looked at each other and said "Luke...that's a good one!" And there it was...Luke. So it's only fitting that his best friend is a stuffed wookie, a gift from his cousins, who has been affectionately named "Wookie." For his birthday, he even got a stuffed Darth Vader to add to the Star Wars theme.
Star Wars is definitely not the worst movie to name a child from. I've been trying to convince Ben to let me use a lesser known name from Lord of the Rings as a middle name for our future baby girl (this is not an announcement, FYI). And although I'm sure Papa Steele would love that, Ben says that is WAY more nerdy because Luke is actually a real name. Years from now, Star Wars will still be cool. And at least we didn't name him Luke Skywalker Koval.
Anyway, all that leads up to a very cute video of Luke. Everything has come full circle, I guess, when we enticed Luke to take his first steps (on camera) by using a light saber. And not just any light saber...a blue light saber.
He did it! What a cute video! Now you have me wondering what name you like out of Lord of the Rings?
ReplyDeleteI really like Eowyn for a girl's middle name! I think it's beautiful but no would be able to spell it or pronounce it unless they were a big LOTR fan, like me :)
ReplyDelete