I'm very late with this post. This past week was birthday week for Luke and myself, so we were busy preparing for that and a visit from "Ouchie Grandma" and Grandpa.
I can't believe my baby is 6 months old already! I remember it seeming to take forever for Luke to be 6 months. And for Ian, it seems like we just brought him home a few weeks ago! Then again, I can hardly imagine our family without this smiley, sweet guy :)
Official Stats
Weight: 16 lbs 6.5 oz (50 percentile)
Height: 27.25 inches (90 percentile)
Head: 17.5 inches (75 percentile)
Ian took a pretty big dive off the "curve" on his charts this month for weight. He gained a little over a pound in the last 2 months. His doctor isn't concerned because he's become so much more mobile recently. As long as he starts along a new curve at his 9 month appointment, she'll be happy.
You wouldn't think his weight gain would slow down with all this kid eats! He is sure to let me know if he goes much longer than 3 hours between feedings. And he's a hungry hungry hippo when it comes to eating rice cereal and veggies. He started his last vegetable this past week (squash...yuck!) and we'll start introducing fruit later this week. We also started oatmeal cereal in the mornings. He's slowly getting the hang of little puffs but I think he's swallowing them mostly whole. And thanks to "Ouchie Grandma," he's enjoying rice krispies too! (As many as he can manage to get in his mouth.)
Ian is rolling over! He loves it! I don't think he's realized how much "freedom" this gives him. He isn't making trips across the room yet. Which is probably a good thing. We need to do a little more baby-proofing and picking up some of Luke's little toys before Ian starts getting into more mischief.
It seems like he'll be sitting up soon too! And he loves his toes! Especially in his mouth...and sometimes, both feet at once! He's quite the yoga master!
We had professional pictures of Ian taken. (Can't post them online :( Copyright laws.) But of course they're super cute and we'd love to show them to anyone who visits Washington :) Ian wore a shirt for his 6 month pictures that Luke wore for his 1st birthday announcement! I've got so many different sizes of clothing out for him, I'm not sure what to do with it all! It doesn't help that 2 weeks ago, we were in the 70's and this week we're back in the 50's. Oh well!
Ian is "talking" more. He makes high pitched squeeks and squeals in between blowing raspberries. It's pretty cute!
Sleeping is getting much better! The peditrician terrified me by saying "You think their sleeping habits will get better with time. But teething and other things will start interrupting their sleep and if they don't know how to put themselves back to sleep, it only gets worse!" This clicked with me. I am NOT a morning person. And I feel bad that my kids have such a grumpy mommy in the mornings, especially if I don't sleep well. So, I finally buckled down with Ian's sleep training and I think it's working! He sleeps well throughout the night and usually if he wakes up, he'll go back to sleep or just needs his binkie in his mouth. At naptime, I'll lay him down awake, and he'll cry but only for about 10 minutes and then he's asleep. I miss cuddling him more but I still sneak it in if he wakes up too soon at naptime :)
| Naked boy! |
| Loves his Daddy |
| Playing "Ian-zilla" with the train set! |
| We had a visit from Papa this month! |

No comments:
Post a Comment