Tuesday, July 2, 2013

9 Months!

Last of the single digits...when counting by months, at least.  I can't believe I'm writing Ian's 9 month post!  Seriously, where has time gone.  There must be something about becoming a parent, time mysteriously speeds up.  Ben turned 27 yesterday.  Somehow, we feel old.

 
Official Stats
Weight: 18lbs 14.5oz (25 percentile)
Height: 28.5 inches (75 percentile)
Head: 18.4 inches (90 percentile)
 
 
A few days after Ian's 8 month post, he started crawling and he loves it!  I remember being frustrated when Luke started to crawl because I would walk out of the room and instead of crawling after me, Luke would just cry.  But Ian just happily follows!  As with everything else, once Ian learned to crawl he was instantly very fast.  So we're having to be extra careful of things left on the floor.  He realized the hard way, that crawling on the tile or linoleum isn't as easy.  He took a pretty good hit on his chin but came away with just a bruise.
 
In case you can't see in the picture...Ian also got his first 2 teeth!  While we were on vacation.  It made him a bit grumpy around visitors but was probably for the best, as he was sleeping in my bed anyway.  So if he woke up in the night, he'd just cuddle up to me.  (Which, of course, I didn't mind.)  And his hair has gotten bigger!  Today, people stopped us in the store to comment on his hair.  "It just stands straight up!"  Yep, it does.  Ben called him Christopher Walken the other day :) 
 
Ian's weight finally leveled out onto its own curve.  That was the one thing I was really worried about these past few months.  He enjoys eating and is more willing to try new foods than Luke ever was.  Tonight he was gumming some lettuce along with Daddy.  Ben's comment was, "He may look like a Steele, but there's Koval in there too!"
 
Our vacation consisted of myself and the boys visiting family.  I knew Ian would need some time to warm up to people but it took more than I expected.  I like to blame it on the fact that he was teething and not in his normal surroundings.  That was definitely part of it...but man, this little guy is the epitome of a "momma's boy."  He screamed for 2 hours when my mom and sister took care of him (Again, I'm sorry!)  Even with Ben, if Ian is the tiniest bit unhappy, he will scream hysterically if I'm around but not holding him.  Honestly, I have absolutely no idea what to do.  I am open to any suggestions!  Ben would love to go on a date sometime.  And we have tickets for a concert later this year, so he HAS to get over this. 
 
Ian is having to hold his own against Luke.  Luke does not like sharing ANY of his toys.  Luckily, Ian really doesn't care what he plays with.  Its begun...I feel like a referee. 
 
We're pretty sure he's saying "Mum" and we love his laugh!  He is so sweet and so handsome!  We feel very blessed to have him here with us. 
 
I know of too many babies and children who are very sick or have passed away.  It has really affected the way in which I see my children's health.  A well-child check is such a huge blessing.  I am so SO grateful for my healthy children.  It is never something I take for granted. 
 
And in case you're interested, Ian's hemoglobin is 11.9 :)
 

Sitting in "Ouchie Grandma's" high chair


Sleeping in Papa's chair

 




Big hair, blue eyes and some "teethers!"
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Ian is starting to look more like Luke in a few of these pictures. Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete