Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Recent Stuff

We've had a lot of fun the past few weeks!  The weather has been beautiful up here!  Very little rain (which I've actually been missing) and lots of sunshine with perfect temperatures.  We are having a lot of fun exploring Seattle.  We know for sure now, that we will be up here for at least another year but there is so much to do and see, we feel like we have to get it in while we can!
 
With my Mom here, we tried to see some new things and take her to some places we really like!

We went to the Nordic Heritage Museum where there was an exhibit by an artist who cuts elaborate designs into single sheets of paper.  It was pretty cool!

We found the Gum Wall at Pike's Place Market.  It was really gross.


We loved having my Mom visit!  She was a huge help while I had orientation.
 
 
 
One day the boys, my Mom and I had lunch and explored the Bellevue Botanical Gardens. 
 

 
 
























Thanks to Ben's work, we got more tickets to the EMP museum.  I was way excited because they just opened a Fantasy Exhibit with Lord of the Rings stuff.  They had original drafts of the LOTR books with Tolkien's writing editing it.  I was pretty amazed and it sparked up the LOTR fanatic in me.  I could have stayed there longer but other people wanted to look too :(


Apparently this is the "Game of Thrones" throne...the boys liked it!
 
 
Thanks to Ben's work again...we went to a Mariner's Game!!!  We had so much fun!  I got Mariner's shirts for all of us.  We got there early, walked around, bought Luke a big foam finger and ate a lot of food!  We tried getting some good pictures but the lighting wasn't very good.  Luke got a little bored but overall it was great!  A few foul balls scared us.  Our reactions were to protect our kids, not stand up and try to catch a ball traveling 90+ mph. 




 
 

























And some other random pictures...
 
We had to take a picture of this Corvette...with a trailer... 
 
Ben and Luke found a caterpillar


I liked our High Council Speaker on Sunday...apparently the boys didn't...
 
 
But Luke does pay attention during family scripture study.  We always offer to let him "read" a scripture and its a 50/50 chance that he'll want to.  One night, we forgot to offer and he asked if he could read one.  I said "Sure!" and he promptly began, "And it came to pass..." :)
What a testimony builder for both Ben and I.  Even when we're sure he's not listening...he is!  We sure do love our sweet boys.  They are getting big...fast :)


No comments:

Post a Comment