Wednesday, October 2, 2013

One Year Old!!!

Where do I start...I can't believe its been a year.  I was very nostalgic that last few days leading up to Ian's birthday.  Where has the time gone?  This has definitely been the fastest year of my life, with so many changes...the most important being my sweet Ian.


 
Official Stats
Weight: 22lbs 6oz (50th percentile)
Height: 30 1/8 inches (75th percentile)
Head: 19 inches (90th percentile)
 
 
Mr.Ian got his 3rd tooth this past month and number 4 is quickly behind it!  His poor gums were so swollen for over a week before it finally popped through.  He was a bit grumpy those days.  He definitely liked the feeling of counter pressure on his gums...he was chewing on everything.  He even found a makeshift massage for his gums.  He found a toy "power drill" that spins.  So he would put it in his mouth and push the button so it would spin in his mouth.  Smart boy!  We've caught him grind his top and bottom teeth together a few times...ugh, I hate that sound!  But the novelty has worn off and he's stopped.  (Now if only we could get big brother to stop grinding his teeth when he's angry/frustrated.)

 
We have the green light for Ian to eat whatever he can safely chew and swallow.  He's been liking bananas for awhile and recently blueberries.  Today he LOVED his PB&J sandwich!  Pretty sure there are no peanut allergies for this little guy either.  We are now working on getting him switched over to whole milk and off baby food.  I think he'll do great!  It's more me putting forth more of an effort to prepare foods he can eat.  (Its convenient to just open a container of a pureed fruit or veggie, as opposed to cutting them up or cooking them so he can chew them.)  The biggest trick is turning out to be the sippy cup.  He won't suck on them, he chews them.  I think once he figures it out, he'll be great with milk.  And we'll start weaning him from breastfeeding.  I'm not worried about it.  As with everything, I'm sure he'll do great! He has already tried lots of foods including pizza and ketchup, thanks to his ability to now reach things on the edge of the kitchen table. 


Ketchup
PB&J
After I took the pizza away...















Pizza


































Ian has learned lots of new things this month.  Clapping, waving, giving kisses (this is more hit and miss), playing peek-a-boo, cleaning up toys and standing all alone!  He's growing too fast :(  Ian is very content to just wander around, playing and exploring.  I love the first picture below because it is just Ian.  Sitting quietly, playing...so sweet and happy.

 
 
But he's also pretty crazy too!
 

We opened a few presents on his birthday and we'll have a small party later this week.  I'll post about those later.  Now that he is 1, I won't be posting every month but I hope to keep up on our family adventures.  My goal is to blog at least monthly...we'll see if it happens :)


 
Ian Playing Peek-a-Boo

 
I took pictures of Ian for his birthday...they turned out great!  It was hard to decide which to use for his birthday invitations!  So here is a peek of some of my favorites! 
 












Seriously...how are my kids so good-looking?!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment