| He wore his birthday shirt to church too :) |
We opened a few presents from family on his birthday. Thank you to everyone who sent a gift! Ian loved all the new toys!
Ian's birthday is the same as another one of our friends, so we waited to have his party until the following weekend.
We had a Mustache Bash! Thanks to Pinterest, mustaches have become a "thing" but I don't think many men use Pinterest. I ended up having to explain the "stache" to people. I decided on a Mustache party because we call him Mr. Ian...hence, our Little Man :)
We are lucky to have such great friends here! We really appreciate everyone coming and helping to celebrate Ian's special day!
Although the mustaches were a cute idea, most of the kids didn't think so. In fact, they down right scared one of our friends. Luke refused to try one and it didn't last long for Ian either.
| Ian wasn't a fan of the stache. |
Cake time! This is my favorite part of a first birthday party! Although Ian has had some pretty sweet things prior to turning one, I was excited to see how he would do with icing. And for once, I was willing to let him get as messy as he wanted.
He ended up loving the icing but didn't think the cake was worth his time. I didn't realize I had put so much icing on his cake. He started to cry a little as people were watching and laughing. My bad for planning a party in the middle of his nap.
I think we had a very fun party...at least I had fun! Luke loved the mustache balloon and it hung around for days afterwards.
Anyone who has been following our blog the past year, has known about Ian's monthly birthday pictures. I printed them out and hung them up for everyone to see. This has to be one of my most favorite things I've done with my kids. It is incredible to watch them grow and change through these pictures. I feel so awful that I didn't do it with Luke.
What a blessing this little man is to our family! It has been a year full of lots of ups and some pretty difficult downs but Ian and Luke have been such a light in our lives. I can say without a doubt, that Ben and I are so much better with these two in our lives. We are better people because we have so much more to live for. We are so grateful for our eternal family!
Happy Birthday, Mr. Ian!!!
One Scary Side note: I made Ben shave his goatee into a mustache. I could hardly look at him for the longest time! It was priceless. Needless to say, he shaved it off right after the party ended :)
| The one and only time |


LOL So cute! I can't believe how big he's getting! And uhhhhh.... LOVE the mustache Ben! LOL
ReplyDelete