Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Thanksgiving!

I'm doing a little catch-up work...

FHE - A few things we're thankful for

We had our first Thanksgiving on our own this year!  We were excited and nervous.  At first we had planned to have dinner with some friends who were staying in town too but they ended up heading out of town anyway...so it was just us!  I'm kind of glad because if dinner was an epic fail, at least it was only my family that would be eating PB&J for Thanksgiving.

We wanted to have all the normal Thanksgiving fixings and thanks to some "tried and true" recipes from family, it all turned out pretty good!  We used my mom's turkey recipe.  I was most worried about undercooking it and making everyone sick but it turned out perfectly moist.  A big thanks to Ben for fishing out all the guts for me!  (Although we did find a second bag of gizzards still in the turkey after dinner :) ) 



Before...lots of butter, of course!

While the turkey was cooking, we put the Kinect up and played Fruit Ninja!  Luke and Ian loved it and we've been playing lots ever since!




I also decided on a new family tradition.  And the credit goes 100% to me...not Pinterest :)  Instead of a tablecloth, I covered the table in paper and we spent the morning coloring and decorating it.  In the future, I'm hoping to have everyone draw/write some things they're thankful for.  We loved it!


 
 







The "Spread" - we woke Luke up from a nap...can you find Ian?!

Happy boys after some "meat!"


Wishbone!
Luke won!

 We had a wonderful Thanksgiving but really missed our extended family! 
We are very grateful for our family and the many blessings we've seen in our lives, especially this past year!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!





 On a very unrelated note, Ben got home from work and went to grab our mail, only to find this huge spider in our mailbox!  Needless to say, I will not be reaching into our mailbox when its dark outside!


No comments:

Post a Comment