Monday, November 11, 2013

Halloween

I had been planning for Halloween for well over a year! I saw a costume idea on Pinterest for an Ewok costume and I loved it!  And with Luke's name, I had a great idea for our family costumes...Star Wars! 

To make it even better, we got most of Ian's costume last year on clearance when he was only 6 weeks old (goodness, time flies!)  Luke's costume was a mixture of family loaners and Goodwill finds.  Although I procrastinated until the last second, I was so excited to see our costumes come together.  Unfortunately, our ward didn't have a big party for us to show them off.  They just did Trunk-or-treat for a few minutes on Halloween.  We all dressed up anyway.  I felt pretty silly in my Leia hair and for some reason people thought Ian was a girl...oh well.  I think we looked good and I'm glad we got some good pictures :) 

We carved pumpkins for family home evening.  We walked down the road a few blocks and got our pumpkins at a family farm nearby.  Luke was excited to carve pumpkins...or rather watch Ben carve pumpkins.  He still refuses to get his hands dirty if he can help it!

 
 
 
 
We tried to get him to touch the guts...it wasn't happening.

Ian spent most of it wandering around :)
 
Ian helped me a little.
 

Yep, we forced him to put his hand in the pumpkin.
As you can see, he hated it :)



A Mummy and an "Ian" pumpkin

On Halloween, I woke up feeling crummy (what else is new) but by the afternoon I felt better and Ben got off work early.  We went to Trunk-or-Treat, hit a few houses for some king-size candy bars and then headed home.  We ordered pizza, Skyped with family and only 2 groups of trick-or-treats came to our door.  Which was good because Ben gave away all our candy at Trunk-or-Treat (we gave away some of Luke's...ssshhh, don't tell :) )  Overall, it was a great day!  (But next year, I'm leaving the dressing up for just the boys.)

Our "Ian-wok" as Luke called him :)


Trunk-or-Treat Decorations

Luke Skywalker

We had an adult-only Halloween party and kept with our
Han Solo and Princess Leia costumes

 
Happy Halloween from our Star Wars Family
Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and the Ewok

No comments:

Post a Comment