Monday, June 10, 2013

8 Months!

Ian is growing and changing so quickly, it's hard to keep up on all the new stuff!  I've been thinking about all the changes I wanted to include in this post over the past few days, as I've been waiting to upload all the pictures I took.  (Thanks for the new computer, Ben!  I love it!)  Of course, now that I'm sitting, typing away, my mind is mostly blank and I'm sure I'll leave something out.

 
 
Unofficial Stats
 
Weight: 18lbs
  

Ian is a pro at the army crawl!  (Hence his t-shirt in this picture and celebrating Memorial Day!)  It is surprising how fast he can move.  He loves his now found mobility!  We have since taken all of the choking hazards out of the toys and moved them up into Luke's room.  Also, Luke can no longer put his snacks anywhere he pleases, as Ian got a hold of some of his peanuts a few weeks ago and quickly put them in his mouth.  We don't think he swallowed any but now we're pretty sure there's no allergies to peanuts.  And just today we played an interesting game I call "What's in Ian's Poop?!"  I started changing a poopy diaper today and there was something bright red (not blood) in his diaper.  Ben decided to do the digging and it was the corner of a peanut butter M&M's bag that I had ripped off while opening it for Luke.  (In my defense, I was fighting a migraine at the time and thought I'd sufficiently hidden it from Ian, who was playing on the floor next to me.)  Needless to say, ANYTHING goes into Ian's mouth!  And he's fast!  He gets up onto his hands and knees a lot and he's close to crawling but still falls when he tries moving his hands. 

 
 
 
Ian loves to eat!  He doing great with little puffs, yogurts, small cereal and baby rice cake-things.  I bought some pureed meats we'll start soon!  He reluctantly took a bottle this past month, while I was away at orientation for my new job.  After the first day and a half of refusing it, he finally gave in.  Its definitely not his preferred method but as long as you let him do it his way, he'll take it.  And still no teeth!
Always on the move and sucking his lips
Speaking of being stubborn, Ian is quite sensitive and really moody.  His mood can change in an instant and when he is mad or sad, he's REALLY mad or sad!  But really, he is very happy most of the time and is quick to give a smile to anyone.  Most of his upset moments are because I leave the room, turn my back to him, put him down, etc.  (Heaven forbid I do any of those things!)  BUT...I don't mind one bit, being the center of his world. :)  Ian spent 3 hours at a friend's house last week while I was at work.  He was fine at first and then proceeded to scream until he fell asleep.  It is a good thing to spend a little time away from him...probably for both of us.  Anyway, I couldn't help but document Grumpy Ian.

People ask me how I do Ian's hair...I don't.  That's just the way it is...straight up! 


Ian had his first real sickness this past month.  I caught a pretty nasty cold that ended up being passed back and forth between everyone for about 3 weeks.  (Including my Mom...sorry!!!)  He didn't sleep very well and spent a few nights in our bed.  He had a nasty cough and lots of boogers.  But for being sick, he was still very happy!

A special shout out to my Mom who came to help with the boys while I had orientation for work!  We really appreciated having her here!  She was a huge help and the boys loved it!  Luke is ready to give up his room for Grandma (and anyone else for that matter!) to come visit!


We sure do love our Mr. Ian!  I can't imagine our family without him!  I'm glad to be back into nursing.  I appreciate feeling more like an adult, using my skills and helping others.  I am grateful for a career that is so flexible too.  But seriously...I love being a Mom.  The joy I get from being with Luke and Ian is beyond anything I could have ever imagined.  It's hard for me to be away from them.  This is my last week of orientation and I am so glad!  Then I can focus on my boys again and work only when I want to!




As soon as I got home at 7:30am after a night shift, we snuggled up for a little nap :)

I love this picture because Ian is screaming with excitement!

My big boys!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment