Adam will be 6 months old tomorrow...
I cannot believe it.
Sometimes the days seem endless. But suddenly 6 months have passed. It makes this Momma nostalgic and sad. My boys are growing up too fast.
Yesterday was Christmas. It was a good day. But honestly, today was better! I wasn't stressed trying to make some magical memories with the perfect music and perfect cookies or a meal timed just right. I didn't worry about tying ribbons on every present, knowing full well that they don't care and can't get them off anyway.
Today we ate like we normally do...no fuss over fancy stuff (Daddy and I waited until the kids were in bed and got Chinese and "slipperies.") We played games and opened new toys. We bundled up and went to the park. Adam napped with me. We watched a movie. The big boys got haircuts. Bathes for all the boys. Cleaned up toys, read scriptures...family prayers, stories and bed. And it was perfect. Not to mention, I got called off of work. I want to repeat this day over and over again. I spent quality time with all my kids and my husband. Everyone went to bed happy.
Our home isn't perfect. It's not nicely decorated...most of our walls are still bare. We ate out for lunch. I'm still a few months behind on blogging updates about Adam. And I may not catch up any time soon. But it's ok. I may not always feel like it's ok but today it is. Today I was 100% focused on my family and nothing else. And it was...perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment