Tuesday, January 12, 2016

5 Months!

 
Again, no stats this month but here is my chunky baby! 


Adam turned 5 months old right after Thanksgiving, so we quickly switched modes to Christmas time...hence the Christmas diaper!  I bought these diapers on clearance after last Christmas.  I was 13 weeks pregnant with Adam.  Crazy how time flies.  Now we have this happy little man with us!
 
So Ben and I felt really bad for some things we had said about Adam during his first 4 months of life.  We kept telling people that he was kind of a grumpy baby and especially fussy in the evenings.  Well, we started sleep training Adam after Halloween.  It was difficult...especially the first night.  But each night got progressively better and after a few days, he was hardly crying at all when we laid him down at night.  I was (and still am) getting up to feed him between 4-6am and then he'll happily go back to sleep until 8 or 9am!  Who knows, he might have wanted to sleep longer but I have to wake him up by 9am to take Luke to school.  Anyway, once Adam was getting a good nights rest and not sleeping in our bed anymore, he is SOOOO HAPPY!!!  All the time!  No night time fussiness.  He is much happier to lay around on the floor and doesn't have to be held constantly!  He was tired all this time!  To say I feel like a horrible mom is an understatement!  Kid #3 and we still don't know what we're doing sometimes.  Despite our failures, I pray my kids know I love them A TON and tried my best.

 
I am SO happy to be able to sleep again.  I am not the best mommy I can be when I'm not sleeping well.  So it is good for everyone in the house!  But I still miss having my little guy right next to me.  So we cheat sometimes and I bring him into my bed after his early morning feeding :)


 
Long story short...Adam happily sleeps through the night now.  With the craziness of the holidays, we are waiting to get him on a good nap schedule.  It is just too hard right now to be home as long as is needed.  So for now, he catches small cat naps throughout the day. 
 
Adam is rolling over!!!  He loves his new found mobility!  He does not love rolling off the carpets onto the hardwood floors though.  He likes to play on his play mat too.  His favorite animal is the monkey that hangs above him.

Almost there!
Got it!
So proud of himself!

 
 
I got a Bumbo for free through a "Buy Nothing" group up here.  We never had one for the big boys but they are popular so I thought, for free, we can try one.  Contrary to the picture, Adam is NOT a big fan.  Ian loves it though.  And Luke has tried to squeeze in it too!  Luke and Ian love the baby toys.  As I slowly bring things out, they play with them way more than they ever did as babies and more so than Adam does now!  Funny kids :)

 
Looking at his handsome self!
 
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends!  We were in charge of the turkey, since we also hosted at our house.  I have to say, it turned out great!  We are truly blessed with amazing friends who have become more like family. 

Waiting for the food...
 
We spent Black Friday cuddling with all our boys...it was WAY better than shopping!
 


We had some crazy storms this month and one of them left us without electricity for 24 hours!  It was fun at first but got cold fast!  Here is Adam all bundled up...


Thanksgiving 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment